CLICK BELOW TO READ IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE:
COVID-19 UPDATE MAY 15, 2020
General Warning about Scams
There are many people out to scam money from you. Remember, neither the IRS nor any other reputable organization (Bank, City Government, Utility company) will not call, email or text you to verify your financial, banking or personal information.
- Watch out for websites and social media attempts to request money or personal information.
- Look for an official Website.
- Don’t open unexpected emails that look like they’re coming from the IRS..
- Don’t engage potential scammers.
- Don’t believe strangers can help you with obtaining money, always be cautious.
Facebook: Overcomers Refugee Services
WhatsApp: “COVID19 Emergency” Group
Call 211 (translators available)
Telephone number: 866-444-4211