COVID-19 UPDATE MAY 19, 2020
What Happens When You are Called Back to Work?
CLICK BELOW TO READ IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE:
During the stay-at-home order, you could collect unemployment because of COVID 19 and not be expected to look for other work. Now that many workplaces are opening back up, you may be recalled. You cannot refuse to return to work and still collect unemployment unless you have a valid reason to stay home. Simply being afraid of COVID-19 is not a valid reason to refuse a return to work offer.
Here are the valid reasons to refuse a return to work request. If you meet any of these criteria, you will be able to still collect unemployment.
- You adhere to the stay-at-home order which is in place until 5/31/20.
- You have been advised to stay home by medical professional due to health risks (age or underlying medical condition)
- You or a member of your household has COVID-19
- You have a child whose school or day care has closed due to COVID-19
- You are unable to find child care this summer due to COVID-19
(See www.unemploymentbenefits.nh.gov for the full list. )
Facebook: Overcomers Refugee Services
WhatsApp: “COVID19 Emergency” Group
Call 211 (translators available)
Telephone number: 866-444-4211